Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 165+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Lead design concepting for new and existing facilities to include layouts, bidding, material handling and refrigeration engineering. Develop RFQ/RFP documents to enable supplier selection and score carding. Scope facility design options (racking, conveyor, automation) to match new or changing business requirements. Provide capital budgetary estimates. Support sales and business development efforts including attending presentations to explain solutions.
Primary Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
• Develop preliminary solution concepts for customer needs and RFQ requests from sales/business development
• Develop racking designs for storage requirements for various businesses and product type
• Define when conventional racking or automated robotic/ASRS solutions are the right application; design concept layouts that can be issued to suppliers
• Develop automation equipment calculations, volume flow chart, Power Point slides, videos and other materials to defend and showcase a design
• Match business requirements (pallet height, SKU velocity, pick face count) to design solutions
• Direct in-house ACAD efforts to layout facility and provide drawing solutions and/or modifications clearly, in executive-type presentations
• Work with regional general managers and facility management to develop layouts, cost estimates and implementation schedules
• Develop temperature-controlled refrigeration solutions with supplier support to accommodate changing customer needs
• Assist in supplier selection phase in developing detailed RFPs for obtaining competitive bids; analyze bids to determine successful providers; provide recommendations through qualitative and quantitative comparisons
• Work with various general contractors in developing solutions for lighting, fire protection, refrigeration and general construction
• Assist business development solutions group with cost justifications for proposed projects
• Support cross-functional teams in solutions development and project qualification (engineering, sales, finance, legal, field maintenance, operations) …
• Keep abreast of the latest technology in building design, refrigeration systems, controls, and evaluate for applications for use in Americold facilities.
• Lead detailed design engineering and define scope and capabilities of WCS, as it integrates with WMS
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar and 5-7 years’ experience in consulting, automation, construction, or mechanical design in a warehouse/distribution environment
• Experience with industrial refrigeration preferred
• Good verbal and written communication and strong analytical skills
• Solid decision-making and project management skills
• The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
• Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
• Ability to excel in team working environment
• Strong customer orientation and presentation
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to interact with all management levels within the Americold organization, both up and down as well as with external contacts.
• Solid computer skills required, primarily with Microsoft Excel and Project software. Knowledge and skills using AutoCAD or simulation software is a plus
• Must be able to travel approximately 40% to 60%, with some international
Physical Requirements & Abilities
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• Requires visiting facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• Frequently carries loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Occasionally works evenings or weekends in order to complete objectives or to attend meetings
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.