Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 165+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
The role of the Program Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to scheduled deadlines and within budget while meeting or exceeding projected business benefits. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Program Manager will work with project executives and design leads to define the program’s scope/objectives and oversee quality control throughout the project life cycle. The Program Manager will provide guidance to team leads across all workstreams while implementing Americold methodology and industry best practices.
This role is engineering-based, as in the 3PL environment at Americold, solutions are delivered at a conceptual level during the design and pricing phase; thus the program manager must further define scope and somewhat “engineer” the solution during implementation.
Qualifications & Experience:
Education, Training & Professional Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Operations, Project Management, or related field
• 3-5 years of demonstrated Project or Program Management experience; facility construction experience and/or refrigeration a plus
• Warehouse operations start-up experience including testing, training, and leadership desired
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications to include Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint (and other process documentation tools)
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Ability to communicate professionally, both written and verbally with individuals at all levels of the organization, external contacts, customers and potential customers
• Ability to work in matrix managed environment
• Demonstrates a results-based leadership style with strong impact and influencing skills
• Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization
• Strong financial acumen and business savvy
• Strong analytical skills and process focused problem analysis and problem resolution
• Progressive, flexible and team-oriented approach desired
• Possess a proactive approach with strong customer service orientation
• Demonstrates uncompromising level of integrity and code of ethics and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
• Must be able to travel at an estimated 50-75% of the time to support projects
• Must be willing to travel internationally for multiple durations
• Extended travel including weekends may be required during critical times such as facility launches
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• Requires frequent travel by automobile and airplane up to 75% of the time
• Requires visiting facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• Frequently carries loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Occasionally works evenings or weekends in order to complete objectives or to attend meetings
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.