Under general supervision works independently performing routine general maintenance and repair throughout the warehouse. Must be proficient in the troubleshooting and repair of electrical, plumbing, lift truck, refrigeration, ammonia, boilers, sprinkler systems, and carpentry.
- Performs all repair and adjustment of refrigeration system, doors, dock boards, pallet racks, sweepers, sprinkler system components, forklifts, pallet trucks, and electrical work in accordance with OSHA Standards.
- Inspects forklifts, pallet jacks, and other operating equipment to ensure compliance with OSHA and operational standards.
- Cleans, changes, and lubricates bearings, gears, and other machinery parts using rags, brushes, and grease gun.
- Test, maintain, and evaluate equipment performance using instruments such as voltmeters, ohmmeters, pyrometers, and pressure gauges. Test and calibrate HVAC equipment.
- Maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use tools and equipment carefully as instructed.
- Maintain batteries and chargers in working order in accordance withy OSHA Standard.
- Conducts test of safety equipment (Exit signs, fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems, etc.) to ensure OHSA and operational standards.
- Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records in SAP system.
- Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
- Answer security alarm calls as needed.
- Keeps work area clean and performs housekeeping duties as required.
- Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
- Monitor and assist outside contractors as required.