Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates over 160 temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and with a joint venture operating in Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Partner with Regional Vice President, facility General Managers, and Director of Business Development to direct and execute successful sales planning, strategies and tactics for the U.S. in a designated region/geography. Perform all duties in such a way as to ensure revenue achievement through new business development and client retention/satisfaction.
1. Execute region strategy working with the Director and Site General Managers to up-sell existing accounts and identify new opportunities.
2. Provide support for all General Managers sales opportunities.
3. Develop, maintain and secure pipeline opportunities to ensure attainment of annual regional TBD targets.
4. Accurately forecast annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams.
5. Develop an understanding of regional competitive landscape and pricing.
6. Focus on non-core channels to develop creative solutions for warehouses.
7. Partner with Director of Business Development to develop and execute specific regional marketing plans to ensure revenue growth in all products and facilities.
8. Establish new accounts through territory management, research, cold calling and relationships.
9. Coordinate proper company resources to ensure efficient and stable sales.
10. Provide solution-oriented sales, providing a service that is tailor made to the customer’s needs.
11. Establish and manage effective programs and presentations in the following areas:
a. Existing customer maintenance, rate adjustments, and up-selling (Account Management)
b. New account sales
c. Sales of warehousing and National/Regional transportation products, services and multi-product sales
d. Pro-active, competitive strategies and targeted sales campaigns
e. Proper use and level of internal sales support
f. Manage expenses of the area at a reasonable level
12. Manage and Monitor Commercial Performance by facility. Focusing on account Yield Management and General Rate Increase (GRI) management.
13. Customer contract management inclusive of compliance, taxonomy, renewal and expiration.
14. Work with all General Managers on Facility Capacity Optimization planning and execution. Fitting the right customers into the facilities.
Qualifications & Experience:
Education, Training & Professional Experience:
5-7 years of distribution sales experience with a minimum of 3 years in a field sales management position with increasing responsibilities.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, or Marketing or equivalent training in Business or Sales Management, Masters a plus.
Must have relative industry experience including distribution, warehousing, logistics, transportation, CPG, etc. and understand common business practices and standards.
Effective sales management skills with the ability to develop and manage regional strategies for pipeline development.
Excellent presentation preparation and delivery skills are required including strong PowerPoint abilities.
Proven ability in developing creative solutions for potential and current customers.
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
Entrepreneurial approach to responsibilities and selling Americold’s services; must be a self-starter that can function in an ambiguous environment.
Must have a customer-focused professional demeanor and presentation style.
Strong time management, communications, decision-making, organization, human relations, presentation, negotiation, and mediation skills.
Ability to coordinate multiple tasks in deadline driven, fast paced environment.
Proven business savvy, possess financial acumen and understanding budgeting.
Excellent analytical skills including strong Excel abilities.
Strong ability to form and foster business relationships.
Demonstrate a partnership approach in working with the facilities on selling Americold’s services.
Demonstrate and Uphold Americold’s Core Behaviors.
Travel estimated at 50%.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.