Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 165+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support
Execution of internal audit projects with direct access to Executive Management and to the Audit Committee.
1. Complete comprehensive operational audits at Company’s facilities located throughout the United States and Asia Pacific a team-based environment.
2. Review, evaluate, and test internal controls and performance metrics of global company operations and corporate functions.
3. Assist with worldwide forensic audits and other special investigations.
4. Assist with testing related to the Company’s SOX 404 program including completing and documenting process walk-throughs, testing controls, and assisting in remediation efforts.
5. Assist with the completion of substantive testing in support for the Company’s external auditors.
6. Engage in all stages of financial and operational audits and projects support – planning, fieldwork, and “wrap-up.”
7. Build relationships at all levels of the organization to help facilitate change and assist management with achieving objectives.
8. Participate as a controls consultant on process improvement/re-engineering teams.
9. Appraise business processes and provide value-added recommendations to management.
10. Assist in the development of solutions to identified business needs.
11. Provide meaningful communications to business owners and executive management.
12. Travel up to 20% may be required.
13. Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
Education, Training & Professional Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or other business related field
• 1-4 years audit experience (internal or external) or other relative business experience (accounting) preferred
• Professional certification such as CIA or CPA preferred but not required
• Preferred experience working in SAP and/or Warehouse Management Software (WMS)
• Experience with a public accounting firm is highly preferred
Knowledge and Employment Standards:
• Client service orientation and self-starting demeanor
• Ability to work on global teams as well as on individual assignments.
• Demonstrate foundational understanding of accounting and finance processes
• Functional knowledge of supply chain processes, 3rd party logistics, or experience auditing controls in warehouse, distribution, or manufacturing operations
• Ability to analyze complex processes and identify potential improvement opportunities
• Strong organizational, problem solving, and communication (verbal and written) skills
• Proficient in using MS Office Suite such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.