Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 165+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Primary Responsibility: Under direction of the SVP, HR, the Regional HR Director will manage the full range of human resources activities for a defined region. They will directly manage employees participate in special projects and/or focus on functional area.
• Direct and coordinate HR Programs.
• Assist facility management with policies, procedures, programs, and technical questions.
• Partner with Operations on business strategies.
• Advise management or labor union officials on labor relation issues.
• Develop problem-resolution strategies.
• Administer programs within functional area.
• Work with vendors to resolve problems and improve program effectiveness.
• Complete internal reports.
• Complete Human Resources audits at facilities.
• Conduct investigations and compile information on findings from investigation of accidents
• Conduct and/or attend facility staff meetings.
• Analyze trends and data to identify personnel problems.
• Facilitate corporate HR initiatives; report on impact to region/facilities.
• Implement employee benefit and compensation programs.
• Maintain awareness of and report on trends and impact on employees.
• Direct execution of organizational programs and policies.
• Present information on HR management issues.
• Act as sounding board, resource and confidential advisor.
• Recommend improvements to work methods or procedures.
• Assist in the resolution of personnel problems or grievances, management or employee conflicts.
• Prepare reports.
• Document procedures.
• Complete special projects.
• Other duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
• Ability to reason, negotiate, instruct, persuade, or speak with others
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to build relationships built on trust.
• Knowledge of conflict resolution techniques
• Ability to diffuse conflict.
• Knowledge of government regulations.
• Knowledge HR procedures, policies and regulations.
• Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with staff.
• Willingness to develop a mentoring relationship in order to contribute experience, skills, and knowledge to employees for their development.
• Receptive to management development suggestions and willing to seek additional knowledge to facilitate job growth.
• Must have strong relationship skills, be able to provide and model leadership behaviors including the ability to defuse conflict. Relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with others without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to interpret HR regulations, CBA’s.
• Ability to solve complex problems.
• Must have very strong customer service orientation with high sense of urgency in meeting objectives and deadlines.
Tools and Technology Required:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Proficient in HRIS and ATS systems.
• 5-10 years Human Resources and Payroll experience and college graduate; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• PHR or SPHR preferred.
• Experience in warehouse or transportation industry preferred.
• Strong knowledge of employment laws including EEO and Affirmative Action.
• Broad knowledge in Human Resource areas including Benefits, Training, Workers Compensation, Recruitment, Minority Outreach.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions for this position and meet the physical requirements needed to perform them. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, bending, or carrying light loads
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• Occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 50 pounds
• Working environment is usually in an office setting, with occasional need to leave the premises
• Occasionally works overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to complete work or to attend meetings
• Must be able to travel 75% at minimum
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW