Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 165+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Support company’s sales growth and customer retention goals by conducting comprehensive supply chain analyses of customers’ businesses and company’s operations. Specific focus is on warehousing operations.
• Sales initiatives involving the analysis of customer requirements combined with Americold capabilities to create proposals for new business.
• Support the development of customized logistics solutions for Americold’s customers, with respect to customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
• Preparation of proposals for internal Capital Development projects, including solution design, data analysis, validation of information used for planning.
• Undertake detailed analysis of customer product profiles to determine warehousing requirements, including resource modeling, layout planning, material flow planning and equipment definition.
• Internal initiatives involve the analysis of current operations to recommend the creation of new service offerings, targeted sales campaigns, or internal productivity enhancements.
• Management of solution design process, leading cross functional team to coordinate detailed proposal development & pricing of new business projects.
1. Work with customers to define required data for analyses and perform collection, cleansing, manipulation and validation of data
2. Utilize expertise in warehousing processes and facility designs to support cost estimates for new business
3. Develop business cases using financial modeling techniques to support client proposals and internal initiatives
4. Prepare and manage structured action plans to ensure all projects (RFP, Capital Development) have a clearly defined set of deliverables to meet our customers deadlines
5. Full interaction with other internal functions to develop best-in-class proposals
6. Manage and develop resource planning/ engineered headcount tools to ensure accuracy of proposals
7. Support design of warehouses, fulfillment & distribution centers with use of AutoCAD
8. Facilitate meetings with customers and colleagues at all levels of management to scope out supply chain analysis projects
9. Provide project findings and recommendations with supporting analysis
10. Develop presentations and proposals for both internal use and customer responses (RFPs)
11. Assist in the development of innovative methodologies related to warehouse operations
12. Mentor and coach junior SCS Analysts as needed
Qualifications & Experience:
Education, Training & Professional Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering required
• Master’s degree in Business or Engineering preferred
• 3-6 years professional experience in a relevant field or industry such as 3PL or distribution
• 2-4 years of warehouse operations experience, preferably in a planning or analytical capacity
• Requires a strong data analytics, warehousing design, and industrial engineering background; Financial analytics preferred
• Highly proficient computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
• Desired experience in AutoCAD, SQL, simulation software, Microsoft Project, and international business
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Must be naturally curious in nature and interested in finding the perfect solution to difficult problems
• Must enjoy discussing and/or documenting project scope, approaches and status updates
• Requires proven success at creating persuasive proposals and presentations
• Progressive, flexible and team-oriented approach desired (preferably with willingness to travel occasionally (~10%)
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• Requires some travel by automobile and airplane up to 10% of the time
• May require to visit facility environments in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Occasionally works evenings or weekends in order to complete objectives or to attend meetings
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.