Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 165+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Under general supervision works independently performing routine general maintenance and repair throughout the warehouse. Must be proficient in the troubleshooting and repair of refrigeration systems.
1. Performs operation, repair and adjustment of refrigeration system. Monitors system performance and determine when system is not operating correctly
2. Performs routine maintenance on various types of warehouse equipment in accordance with OSHA Standards.
3. May be required to work in the areas of building maintenance and/or MHE maintenance at times.
4. Test, maintain, and evaluate equipment performance using instruments such as voltmeters, ohmmeters, pyrometers, and pressure gauges. Test and calibrate HVAC equipment
5. Maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use tools and equipment carefully as instructed
6. Conducts test of safety equipment to ensure OHSA and operational standards
7. Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records
8. Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
9. Answer security alarm calls as needed.
10. Keeps work area clean and performs housekeeping duties as required.
11. Performs related work and other job assignments as required
Qualifications & Experience:
Education, Training & Professional Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
• 3 years’ maintenance experience
• RETA Refrigeration Course 1 required, with RETA Refrigeration Course 2, RETA Electrical 1 and Garden/Lanier Operator 1 preferred. However, as a condition of employment, selected candidates will be required to complete (2) courses per year until all RETA courses are completed. Strong Work Experience will be considered in lieu of Training Courses during the initial hiring process.
• Knowledge of various types of equipment in maintenance trades.
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles
• Must have intermediate level knowledge of OSHA PSM program
• HAZMAT trained candidates are preferred. However, as a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to be trained in HAZMAT, obtain and maintain the certification
• Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP Preferred)
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Knowledge of general warehouse practices
• Strong communication skills
• Mathematical and documentation skills necessary
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as interpret pencil sketches and diagrams
• Proficient in use of testing equipment
• Must be able to work flexible shifts, if required, including on call
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor
• Share knowledge, train and develop less experienced technicians.
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
May be required to tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures of –15 degrees Fahrenheit and outside ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation)
Must tolerate heights up to 35 ft. and be able to access elevated platforms and catwalks
Must be able to climb ladders and stairs
Frequently required to stand; walk; push; pull; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; and crouch
Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Must be able to use hand and power tools
Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, and/or manipulate parts & tools
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Either naturally or with the aid of eye glasses
Able to work nights and weekends
Able to pass a physical and respiratory exam
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.