Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates over 160 temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and Argentina.We have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Support Director of Financial Reporting and Corporate Controller in preparing the consolidated financial statements, management reports and explaining periodic financial results. Performing technical research to ensure financial statements and disclosures are in accordance with U.S. GAAP. Support internal and external audit requests.
1. Prepare various schedules and reconciliations in support of the month-end close;
2. Create and maintain various internal reports using SAP/BPC;
3. Prepare monthly reporting packages that include a full set of financial statements and analytical review explanation of significant variances of current financial position and results of operations against prior period results;
4. Assist with the preparation of monthly cash flows statements;
5. Perform mark-to-market analysis of derivative instruments;
6. Maintain stock-based compensation activity reports, including monthly expense calculations and budget to variance analysis. Prepares stock-based compensation disclosures for interim and annual financial statements;
7. Liaise and coordinate with foreign subsidiaries to facilitate the monthly upload of international trial balances, and provides an analysis of foreign currency translation;
8. Prepare selected footnote disclosures to be included in interim and year-end financial statements;
9. Assist with the preparation of quarterly MD&A and other financial support for purposes of complying with debt covenant requirements;
10. Assist internal and external auditors with various transaction support requests, including the preparation of overall analytical review documentation based on materiality thresholds provided by the auditors;
11. Assist the IT function with the implementation of new accounting and reporting solutions;
12. Prepare ad-hoc presentations, accounting analyses and financial reports as requested by the Corporate Controller, CAO, CFO and FP&A Group;
13. Other duties as requested.
Minimum Qualifications/Additional Skills:
Education, Training & Professional Experience:
Bachelors degree in Accounting, plus 3-4 years of related experience; CPA preferred
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Self-starter who relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Ability to perform well under pressure and in a high-volume and changing environment
• Demonstrates consistency, flexibility and commitment to meet deadlines (ability to accommodate to differences in time zone, while adhering to strict deadlines)
• Demonstrates planning, task organizing and execution skills
• Excellent analytical skills and written and verbal communication skills
• Strong customer service skills and proven ability to work with internal customers at all levels
• Ability to excel in a team environment
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May occasionally be required to visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May occasionally lift, carry, position, or move objects weighing up to 10 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.