Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 165+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
• Responds to all customer inquiries and complaints concerning work-orders, shipments, inventory counts, etc.
• Reports customer feedback to management.
• Acts as liaison between customer and warehouse for account administration, customer, and office for invoicing and credit changes.
• Generates all paperwork/information required for customer work orders including checking on special requests, expediting orders where necessary, tracking orders and post inventory records.
• Assures proper invoicing of accounts by verifying computer-generated invoices.
• Provides clerical support including overseeing all paperwork associated with orders, maintaining corresponding files, answering phones, operating office equipment/computers needed to perform duties, greeting visitors
• Schedule loads as required.
• Maintain updated reports to ensure all loads are empty and closed.
• Resolve refused product, over, short and damaged (OS&D) orders.
• Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
• Perform other duties as required and assigned.
• Maintains and ensures favorable contacts with customers.
• Coordinates recalls, national holds, item master maintenance, reporting, etc., across multiple sites.
• Participates in training and coaching on customer service functions.
• Provides coaching and directs the customer service work in applicable locations.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
• Flexibility and initiative.
• Experience working with challenging customers.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong problem solving skills
• Understand the specific needs and requests of customers, the nature of their product and storage and handling needs.
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
Tools and Technology:
• Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems
• Knowledge of Microsoft Off ice Suite.
• Desktop computers.
• Accurate typing and data entry skills
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, or up to two years customer service experience in transportation and/or warehousing.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW