Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 165+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Perform activities necessary for effective and efficient collections processing.
1. Analyze customer accounts and resolve complex billing disputes, involving the use of spreadsheets and assistance (as required) from operations and sales.
2. Review customer aging and identify past due items using both SAP Collections Management System and Excel spreadsheet aging reports.
3. Manage portfolio and make collection calls, send emails and/or letters to delinquent accounts. Work with customers to understand and resolve their issues and concerns.
4. Prepare documentation for warehouse liens as directed.
5. Manage a system of follow-up that assures all delinquent items are resolved according to meeting department goals and activity metrics.
6. Investigate and resolve overpayments and deductions on customer accounts.
7. Prepare management reports regarding customer accounts as needed.
8. Contact facilities or Carriers for back-up documentation as needed.
9. Provide necessary documentation to customer to facilitate prompt payments.
10. Help improve collections process for transportation and transportation processes that affect billing/collection.
11. Training of new transportation collectors and assisting current transportation collectors.
12. Prepare team and customers’ monthly reports.
13. Discuss EDI invoicing with customers where appropriate and coordinate with IT to ensure smooth transition.
14. Continue to encourage customer to release Americold from providing warehouse bills of lading and/or proofs of delivery.
15. Schedule conference calls to resolve collection issues, as well as, using other appropriate methods of escalation to accelerate the collection process.
16. Encourage all customers to pay within established payment terms.
Required Education & Experience:
• 5 to 7 years of collections/ accounting or analysis experience. Some supervisory experience ideal. The collections experience must be in a high volume and high dollar environment.
• Associates college degree or equivalent work experience required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Transportation experience strongly preferred.
• Excellent problem solver
• Detailed oriented with good analytical skills
• Experience with SAP accounts receivable required
• Proficient in reporting tools and with MS Office products – Word and Excel (strong Excel)
• Strong customer service skills (internal and external customers)
• Experience in relationship based collections preferred
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact comfortably within all levels of the organization
• High energy, self - starter with the ability to take initiative with minimal guidance
• Quick learner who thrives in a time sensitive compliance reporting environment
• Ability to perform well under pressure and maintain a positive attitude in a high-volume and changing environment
• Demonstrates consistency, flexibility and commitment to meet deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail are essential
• Demonstration of ownership and ability to multi-task in order to balance responsibilities with assigned projects
• Comfortable working both as an individual and on a team
• Very strong organizational and analytical skills
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May be required to visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• May occasionally lift, carry, position, or move objects weighing up to 10 pounds
• Occasionally works evenings or weekends in order to complete objectives or to attend meetings
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others: and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
• Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities. Americold Logistics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer EOE/AA * M/F/D/V * DFW.