Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 165+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
The individual in this role will provide administrative support to the EVP, Chief Human Resources Officer. Serve as liaison between senior management and colleagues/clients to facilitate communications and accomplish objectives in a collaborative effort. Work with the HR Leadership team on the design, delivery, and measurement of core programs, to ensure that these programs are rolled out with the right level of stakeholder support across the enterprise.
• Manages calendars, schedules appointments and publishes information as needed. Defines schedule priorities and anticipates calendar conflicts.
• Prepares daily/weekly status reports containing key meeting summaries, agendas, action items, follow-up notes, etc.
• Screens incoming calls and correspondence and responds to requests independently when possible.
• Organizes all the logistics for programs, events, board meetings or conferences by arranging facilities and caterers, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers and controlling event budget.
• Works with the HR Leadership team to partner on project coordination, including employee survey efforts, mentoring and coaching initiatives, succession planning meetings and roll-outs, performance management, recruitment initiatives, etc.
• Partners with the EVP, CHRO in managing executive recruiting efforts. This includes scheduling interviews, greeting candidates, and arranging debriefs.
• Prepares and enhances internal and external PowerPoint presentations.
• Performs highly confidential and multipart administrative functions including composing and formatting confidential correspondence and reports. Creates memos, purchase requisitions, payment requests and other department forms and documents. Assists with formatting, editing and revisions of legal documents.
• Creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files.
• Maintains a filing system for records, reports, and other documents. Organizes, prioritizes and distributes executive mail.
• Arranges complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings and handles all the logistics required.
• Prepares the Executive’s weekly expense reports and documentation.
• Performs administrative project work that may include researching and gathering information from various sources, formatting, analyzing, and summarizing results.
• Exercises discretion and independent judgment in daily operations and when handling details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
• Identifies and develops proactive solutions that result in organizational improvements and promote an environment that fosters creativity and innovation.
• Seeks, shares and adopts ideas and best practices to ensure that we are staying current on all functions within HR.
• Other related duties as requested.
Qualifications/Additional Skills & Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree plus 7-10 years professional office experience with a minimum of 3 years’ experience specifically supporting HR functions; or equivalent training and experience.
• Proven ability to work in fast-paced, detailed and deadline-oriented environment by balancing multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Strong planning, organizational, problem solving and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain business relationships with Executive-level decision-makers and internal resources at all levels.
• Demonstrates a collaborative nature and team-oriented approach.
• Strong computer skills with programs such as contract databases, Microsoft Office, Outlook, calendaring, travel and expense tools, etc.
• Self-starter who relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Must be self-motivated with high degree of initiative.
• Possess a professional demeanor with the ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate integrity at all times.
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require some travel by automobile and airplane up to 5% of the time
• May require visiting facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Occasionally works evenings or weekends in order to complete objectives or to attend meetings
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.