Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 165+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Conducts analysis, design, and testing of the software development life cycle as well as assist with configuration and testing in support of application implementations. Primarily works on JDA applications but also may work on other Americold applications and integrations as required. The Systems Analyst works closely with other Operational and IT resources including the Configuration, Training & Support, EDI, Development and Architecture teams to ensure quality software and application implementations.
1. Work closely with Operations, Configuration, Training & Support, Project Managers, EDI, Development and other internal and external customers in support of WMS and other application implementations.
2. Work with Operational, Customer and IT resources to gather requirements.
3. Analyze requirements and determine the best, most logical and efficient approach for software design.
4. Create detailed functional specification documents for software development.
5. Create detailed test plans for UAT and Regression level testing for software changes, application implementation testing and integration testing as necessary.
6. Execute test plans and record and communicate issues to Configuration, Development, Architecture, EDI and Project Managers as necessary.
7. Provide 1st level support for issues related to Americold applications, investigate and resolve issues directly for the facilities or provide detailed information to 2nd level support team when necessary.
8. Determine the root cause of defects to prevent recurrence of issues and quality problems. The Business Systems Analyst uses data collected from analysis and testing procedures to determine the cause of quality issues and provide solutions that are defect free.
9. Creation and maintenance of up-to-date documentation pertaining to core IT processes, software and business logic, software configuration as well as identification of hardware and infrastructure used to support.
10. Document system changes as they are released to production (Change Awareness). Supply knowledge and/or training as applicable to roll-out changes across applicable sites.
11. May need to work after normal business hours if needed.
12. Write high level test plans for UAT and regression level testing for new development as needed
13. Other duties as requested
Minimum Qualifications/Additional Skills:
• 1-2 years of experience in technical fields; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with implementing, configuring and maintaining ERP software applications functionality such as WMS, Distribution, Transportation, and Labor Management a plus.
• Some WMS experience required. Manhattan or RedPrairie/JDA WMS/WFM experience is a plus.
• Needs to be a first-class problem solver – Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
• Experience with SQL, C/C#, Java and JDA (RedPrairie) MOCA a benefit.
• Knowledge of any reporting engines would be a benefit (Microsoft Reporting Services, Crystal or Jasper, Report Writer/Designer)
• Knowledge of transportation and warehouse industries.
• Familiar with quality assurance principles, inspection techniques and testing procedures
• Knowledge of BABOK a plus
• Strong communications skills (written/verbal), with emphasis on demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts between business and technical groups.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• 25% travel to assist with system implementations, may be required
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; hear or talk: use close vision; use hands to grasp, handle or feel objects; and type and manipulate controls. Employee is occasionally required to use distance vision, stand, kneel or crouch and lift up to 10 lbs.
Level of Expertise:
• LEVEL I: Performs work under general supervision of Director, WMS/WFM Applications or more experienced business systems analysts. Maintains an associate-level workload.
• LEVEL II: Performs work under minimal supervision for small to medium-sized projects. May require more supervision for larger, more complex projects. Maintains an intermediate-level workload.
• LEVEL III: Performs work with little to no supervision – provides guidance to lower-level & less experienced developers. Acts as project leader on large, complex projects. Maintains a senior-level workload. Fully capable of working at the highest technical level.