Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 165+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Responsible for the management of the monthly company results presentation to the Executive team, Board of Trustees and associated investors. Also responsible for leading SG&A and Corporate budgets and forecasts
1. Management of the monthly company results presentation to the Executive team and to the Board of Trustees (Board Deck and Corporate G&A Deck).
2. Optimize PowerPoint presentations using Excel and SAP tools to drive timely, accurate, and actionable reporting. Collaborate with the VP of Business Finance and the CFO to drive messaging to Operational Leadership.
3. Finance lead for developing SG&A and Corporate budgets and forecasts
4. Prepare the Board and SG&A decks, make recommendations, and follow-up on action items, interfacing with Business Finance Leaders and the CFO on a regular basis.
5. Partner across functions to understand drivers of business performance and call out business drivers and emerging trends/themes.
6. Consolidate business commentary and results into key themes that will inform senior management.
7. Collaborate with the Finance team to drive new value-add projects, strategic initiatives, and business cases.
8. Utilize SAP/BPC Excel tools to publish new and actionable analytic frameworks and tools to be used for business reporting and dashboards.
9. Become an expert with the Business Planning and Consolidation system – BPC. Share knowledge and skills with other team members.
10. Assist with the consolidated budget and forecasting processes in various capacities including loading data to the BPC system and compiling the final product into presentation format.
11. Assist in collecting and analyzing submissions from international finance contacts. Support the alignment of International reporting and Domestic reporting
12. Report on the impact of foreign exchange fluctuations on international country results
13. Work in a state of continuous improvement, streamlining all reporting tools
14. Contribute to the team’s charter of being the preferred source for business insight by being committed, detail-oriented, highly analytical, positive, and fun
Qualifications & Experience:
Education, Training & Professional Experience:
• MBA or MBA in progress preferred, Bachelor’s degree in Business (Finance, Economics, or Accounting)
• 3 to 4 years of experience in a Finance function (Finance, Accounting/Reporting, Treasury, Business Analysis)
• Fortune 500 finance, or finance experience with international operations is desirable
• Experienced in senior executive reporting, board decks, and presentations
• Power user in PowerPoint and Excel. Experience in Microsoft Access is a plus
• High level of commitment and detail orientation: comfort with expectations for ramping up quickly
• Working hard up front to gain business understanding, to implement and improve processes, and to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
• Experience with financial and business intelligence systems is highly desirable (SAP, Oracle, Khalix, Hyperion, Business Planning and Consolidation – BPC, or Business Explorer – BEx.
• There will be room to improve processes and to coach other members of the Finance and Operations teams
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong team player
• Self-starter with exceptional ability to identify and solve problems
• Infrequent travel may be required (less than 5%)
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require some travel by automobile and airplane up to 10% of the time
• May require to visit facility environments in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Occasionally works evenings or weekends in order to complete objectives or to attend meetings
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others: and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.