Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates over 160 temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and with a joint venture operating in Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Manage the region transportation operations business unit including but not limited to dispatch operations, customer service, route guide compliance, day-to-day financial reviews/approvals, and overall day-to-day transportation operations.
1. Serves as the primary interface with the carrier community regarding performance and continuous improvements.
2. Maintains the carrier base to meet customer demands and above industry standard of service.
3. Partner closely with warehouse operations to manage daily operating plan and plan for future shipment activity.
4. Produces monthly reports on carrier performance and identifies action plans when performance is not meeting expectations.
5. Manages the coordination and implementation of action plans and reviews along with continuous improvement projects.
6. Ensures carrier reporting and analysis procedures and documentation are maintained, reviewed and improved as required.
7. Work closely with warehouse operations to manage daily operating plan and plan for future shipment activity.
8. Organize dispatchers and customer service associates to effectively manage day-to-day operations in a proactive manner.
9. Work with warehouse operations to develop formalized business rules, daily shipping matrixes, and carrier service reviews.
10. Interacts with internal departments on project planning, continuous improvement and collaborative efforts.
11. Summarizes periodic project status and prepares reports for customer, departmental and executive review.
12. Ensures compliance with all company policies, as well as all Federal, State and Local OSHA regulations. Understanding of New Hours of Service (HOS 2013) and impending EOBR regulations.
13. Responsible for Dedicated Fleet and shuttle management/oversight.
Education, Training & Professional Experience:
• High school diploma/ BS degree preferred plus 5 years traffic/transportation experience or equivalent combination of experience and training.
• Proven supervisory skills.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local transportation laws.
• Knowledge of logistics solutions/supply chain and some experience in temperature controlled business required.
• Excellent project management skills, including the ability to lead, facilitate, influence, and organize.
• Strong computer skills including experience with AS/400 and proficient with Microsoft Office suite as well as familiar with CRM, ERP, WMS, RF, and TMS system required.
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Excellent management skills and possess the ability to coordinate multiple tasks in deadline driven, fast paced environment.
• Possess a passion for customer service, and lead the team by example.
• Ability to deal with customer requests/service issues on a day to day basis.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts and demonstrate a team player approach.
• Excellent customer service skills.
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• Requires travel by automobile and airplane for business purposes
• May require visiting facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions.
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.