Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 165+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Will be working primarily with the new C#/.NET framework, AngularJS, .NET Web API, SQL Server / Oracle software platforms. Transforms user needs & functional designs/specifications into i-3pl platform technical system designs, develops/codes the solution, performs unit testing, and debugs and maintains programs/code throughout the various stages of development from proof of concept prototypes to functional software.
1. DESIGN: Works closely with Functional/Systems Analyst to develop and document technical designs from functional requirements/specifications, considering architectural, as well as programmatic aspects of the agreed-upon solution.
2. DEVELOPMENT: Develops software based on approved design. Writes new programs or creates modifications to existing applications as necessary based on project requirements.
3. TESTING: Creates test plans, test files, and scripts for unit testing through integration testing. Performs testing as required & documents results.
4. IMPLEMENTATION: Follows appropriate change management and implementation procedures. Ensures that appropriate technical and functional documentation is prepared.
5. SUPPORT: Primarily supports i-3PL and other integration applications. Shares responsibility for Call Center support. Provides on-call or after hours support to new applications after implementation.
6. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Level of Expertise:
• LEVEL 1: Performs work under general supervision of development manager or more experienced developers. Maintains an associate-level workload. Has less than 2 years of relevant programming experience
Minimum Qualifications/Additional Skills:
Education, Training & Professional Experience:
• Bachelors or Masters of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience/Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming Concepts, Data Structures, Data Mining, Machine Learning.
• Languages: C#, ASP.NET, Java, C++, PL/SQL, T-SQL
• Exposure to popular APIs (Azure Machine Learning, Google APIs etc)
• Exposure to Angular, jQuery, jQuery UI, and Bootstrap libraries.
• Familiarity with XML, XSD, JSON, REST
• Familiarity/Experience with Agile/Scrum software development process.
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated planning, task organizing and execution skills.
• Ability to work in team-oriented environment.
• Working knowledge of software design technologies, best practices, etc.
• Working knowledge of applicable hardware platforms.
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management