Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 165+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 10,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
This role serves as an on-site leader for all maintenance functions at this facility. You will report to the site General Manager and take technical work direction from a Facility Services Manager who is located off-site. The Facility Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and supervising all facility maintenance activities of an assigned work team on a shift basis by directing assigned associates in the maintenance department in a manner consistent with service and cost objectives.
• Embrace the concepts of maintenance excellence and lead the implementation of maintenance excellence programs at the site.
• Provide feedback, daily direction on work assignments.
• Provide excellent communication and coordination with the site operations team.
• Manage Capital Projects, define work scope and drive Contractor accountability and work within budget.
• Ensure work force is using good maintenance and safe practices.
• Ensure proper PPE is used and available.
• Order necessary inventory of parts and supplies.
• Maintenance inventory.
• Troubleshoots and audit work that is performed.
• Control contractors while on site.
• Work with operations to ensure scheduled work is performed with minimum impact to operations.
• Help determine the urgency & prioritizing of work.
• Control/manage work force during nights and weekends.
• Maintain work schedules for maintenance employees.
• Prepare and submit payroll weekly, PTO forms, etc.
• Schedule vacation time and manage other time off of assigned department.
• 60% of work time should be supervising directly.
• Effectively use a maintenance management computer program.
• Resolve complaints consulting with manager for best resolution.
• Participate and contribute in weekly safety walks.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
• Ability to perform the same work duties as those supervised or performs more difficult or skilled tasks or assist in their performance.
• Ability to supervise employees.
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Positively manage change.
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals (written & verbal)
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with staff.
• Ability to relate to others beyond giving/receiving instructions; must get along with coworkers without exhibiting behavioral extremes: perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others and respond appropriately to criticisms from a manager.
• Willingness to develop a mentoring relationship in order to contribute experience, skills, and wisdom to subordinate employees for their development.
• Receptive to management development suggestions and willing to seek additional knowledge to facilitate job growth.
• Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must have very strong customer service orientation with high sense of urgency in meeting objectives and deadlines.
• Experience working in a union environment a real plus.
• Experience working with refrigeration and facility maintenance
Tools and Technology Required:
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Facility maintenance tool familiarity
• Knowledge of SAP preferred
• Maintain forklift certification.
• HS Diploma or equivalent, Associates Degree Preferred.
• 3+ years supervisory experience in a warehouse culture.
• 10+ years maintenance mechanic experience.
• Strong refrigeration and facility maintenance background.
• Certified in all RETA courses. External hires must complete all courses during the first 24 months of employment.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.