Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates over 160 temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and with a joint venture operating in Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Leads a team of Application/Database Administrators and serves as a technical mentor while always maintaining a holistic view of all efforts to ensure maximum benefit to the organization. Manages the enterprise database platforms, related tools and technical stack. Installs, builds, configures and manages database environments to ensure availability, ease of management, stability, recovery, performance and scalability. Provide robust database platforms that contribute to the steady-state operation of enterprise systems.
1. Manager for the Application/Database team responsible for managing workload of team members.
2. Leads projects, hold meetings and produces status reports on a routine basis.
3. Manages vacation scheduling and support coverage for entire team.
4. Performs annual performance reviews.
5. Performs other managerial responsibilities.
6. Installs, configures and manages all enterprise database environments, including: development, test, training, sandbox and production.
7. In conjunction with enterprise application and server administrators, designs, implements and manages HA and DR capabilities for enterprise applications. Leverages database utilities where appropriate to support HA and DR (log shipping, clustering capabilities, etc.).
8. Supports complex problem analysis providing an advanced level of application and end user support.
9. Develops migration plans and data refresh mechanisms to keep environments current and in sync with production.
10. Implements proactive monitoring capabilities that ensure minimal disruption to the user community, including: early failure detection mechanisms, log monitoring, session tracing and data capture to aid in the troubleshooting process.
11. Monitors and tunes performance, working across application, server/storage, database and functional support areas to tune system for optimal performance including analysis of AWR/ADDM and other reports. Builds and maintains a comprehensive performance management toolkit focused on proactive performance management.
12. Works with management and security team to assist in implementing and enforcing security policies. Creates and manages user and security profiles, ensuring application security policies and procedures are followed.
13. Designs and implements database backup and recovery procedures in conjunction with system and application administrators for comprehensive data protection. Utilizes various methods to provide flexible data recovery capabilities.
14. Supports the capacity planning process by identifying key database metrics and providing proactive recommendations based on analysis of those metrics.
15. Pro-actively reviews patch bundles and upgrades for applicability to company. Leads and executes all installations, upgrades and patch applications. Develop and document standard processes for the same.
16. Performs other duties and assists other staff as necessary or as directed by management. Operates under irregular work schedules as needed and provides off-hours operational support. Participated in an on-call rotation schedule.
Education, Training & Professional Experience:
• Minimum of 10-15 years of database administration experience managing databases in mission-critical application environments; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in leading teams and driving projects to conclusion
• Oracle 10g /11g/12c experience (Oracle RAC experience is a plus); experience with additional tools and features: Oracle Grid Control, Partitioning, Data Guard, etc.
• Experience with replication technology: Oracle Streams, DataMirror (IBM InfoSphere CDC)
• Well versed in Structured Query Language (SQL); experience tuning application code for performance/scalability
• Experience with leading teams and driving projects
• Working knowledge of HP-UX, RHEL Linux or other enterprise Unix platform
• Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite and email tools
• Working knowledge of other RDBM’S
• Experience with in-memory databases (SAP –HANA) is a plus
• Experience supporting Enterprise SQL Server is a plus
• Supporting Oracle for SAP and/or Red Prairie is a plus
• Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a team oriented environment
• Strong analytical skills and process focused problem analysis and problem resolution
• Strong customer service and employee relations orientation
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.