Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 165+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Works independently, performs advance maintenance and mechanical / electrical repair on Automated Storage / Retrieval System (ASRS) cranes and other automated pallet handling systems
• Performs routine preventive maintenance on ASRS cranes, conveyors, pallet elevators, etc
• Performs major repairs on ASRS cranes, conveyors, pallet elevators, etc
• Inspect mechanical / electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, need for adjustment / repair, and make recommendations to improve performance & reliability.
• Ability to understand and troubleshoot ladder logic programming, VFD, instrumentation, AC/DC motors, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical systems.
• Test, maintain, and evaluate equipment performance using the appropriate test equipment.
• Troubleshoots ASRS cranes, conveyors, pallet elevators, etc and recommends corrective action.
• Maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use tools and equipment carefully as instructed.
• Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records.
• Answer after hours “call backs” as needed.
• Keeps work area clean and performs housekeeping duties as required.
• Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
• MUST have experience working on high-speed production machinery, 3 Phase (Up to 480 Volt), PLC programming/trouble shooting, VFD troubleshooting/programming, instrumentation, and experience with AC/DC Motors maintenance.
• Minimum 5 years’ maintenance mechanical-electrical experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment, preferably supporting ASRS, conveyors, and pallet elevators or similar.
• Must be able to read and understand ladder diagrams, schematics, and blueprints.
• Experience working in a CMMS system, SAP is preferred.
• Strong communicate skills
• Strong analytical thinking skills
• Fully competent to a high degree in mechanical and electrical knowledge
• Strong knowledge of various types of equipment in maintenance trade
• Successfully completed RETA courses is a plus.
• Successfully completed HAZMAT responder training is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations.
• Ability to work in cold conditions for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work at high elevations in fall protection.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as interpret pencil sketches and electrical diagrams.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
• May be required to tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures of –15 degrees Fahrenheit and outside ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation)
• Must tolerate heights up to 35 ft. and be able to access elevated platforms and catwalks
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs
• Frequently required to stand; walk; push; pull; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; and crouch
• Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to use hand and power tools
• Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, and/or manipulate parts & tools
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Either naturally or with the aid of eye glasses
• Able to work nights and weekends
• Able to pass a physical and respiratory exam
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.