Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Provide engineering support to the Design Engineering department and other support responsibilities as required.
• Review analytics on warehouse historical data to support layout design
• Research and understand options in racking layout design and material handling equipment to match designs to business requirements
• Layout a facility in AutoCAD and present to engineering team
• Complete capital estimates for rack designs, equipment, and construction
• Complete Excel surveys to build databases of storage capacities, facility metrics, and refrigeration capabilities
• Work with 50+ sites to organize, catalog and electronically store drawings/layouts of facilities, sites, and refrigeration diagrams
• Learn about facility design and implementation; visit sites, understand and document processes; match operational needs to design solutions
• Other duties as required
Qualifications & Experience:
• Degree in Industrial and/or Systems Engineering or Operations Management
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD software
• General understanding of facility layout and design (coursework/project examples)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proven ability to take initiative and meet deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact comfortably with senior level business contacts
• Very strong organizational and analytical skills
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel including formulas, links, and macros
• Excellent technical skills including a strong command of Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint and Visio
• Must be able to work flexible hours based on business needs (hours range from 20-30 hours per week)
• Must be able to commute to our corporate office, our field management, and warehouse associates
• Must be able to present findings in a logical manner by preparing a Powerpoint presentation to explain results and defend recommendations
• Willing to travel to Americold sites; expenses paid by the company
• Must have the ability to accurately survey, measure and validate existing facilities on site, and convert the data into AutoCAD as-built layouts
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.