Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 165+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Primary Responsibility: Establish new business and manages customer relations.
1. Develop annual sales goals, performance standards, reporting functions, and appropriate measurements for all accounts.
2. Follow established departmental documentation procedures.
3. Develop individual sales budget.
4. Develop and review quarterly plan to ensure alignment with long range vision and short term goals.
5. Know company resources in order to develop business priorities.
6. Find, develop and secure new business.
7. Participate in new contract negotiation.
8. Provide data for pricing proposal approval process.
9. Interface with other departments to ensure departmental participation in company goals and directives.
10. Maintain continued relationship with the customer.
11. As a shared responsibility, ensure compliance with employment laws.
12. Other duties as requested.
• 5 years sales experience in Warehouse/Distribution industry.
• Experience forming and maintaining new business relationships.
• Negotiation and mediation skills.
• Experience in needs assessment, documentation, and process improvement.
• Strong customer orientation.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Employee relations skills.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW