Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Works primarily JDA/RedPrairie platforms, the Software Developer designs software, transforms user needs and functional designs/specifications into technical system designs, develops/codes the solution, performs unit testing, and debugs and maintains programs/code throughout the various stages of development from proof of concept prototypes to functional software. Evaluate simple interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of a program would cause unwanted results in a related part. Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies. To provide on-call support as required.
• DESIGN: Works closely with Functional/Systems Analyst to develop and document technical designs from functional requirements/specifications, considering architectural, as well as programmatic aspects of the agreed-upon solution. Prepares and validates time estimates for program modifications, enhancements, new application software, or any other technology requirements. Follows appropriate internal processes, as well as established industry standards for software design.
• DEVELOPMENT: Develops software programs based on approved design. Writes new programs or creates modifications to existing applications as necessary based on project requirements. Follows appropriate internal processes, as well as established industry standards for software coding, documentation, and code management.
• TESTING: Creates test plans, test files, and scripts for unit testing through integration testing. Performs testing as required & documents results. Follows appropriate internal processes, as well as established industry standards for software testing.
• IMPLEMENTATION: Follows appropriate change management and implementation procedures. Ensures that appropriate technical and functional documentation is prepared.
• SUPPORT: Primarily supports integration applications. Shares responsibility for Call Center support. Provides on-call or after hours support to new applications after implementation.
• Other duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• 3-4 years of relevant programming experience.
• Expertise in JDA /RedPrairie platforms/languages, MOCA, Java, C is required.
• Solid understanding and working knowledge of SQL is required.
• Working knowledge of Unix/Linux OS is strongly preferred.
• Jasper Report knowledge is preferred.
• Experience in .Net and PL/SQL preferred
• Experience in iSeries development a benefit
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• LEVEL 2 Performs work under minimal supervision for small to medium-sized projects. May require more supervision for larger, more complex projects. Maintains an intermediate-level workload.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of transportation and warehouse industries.
• Demonstrated planning, task organizing and execution skills.
• Ability to work in team-oriented environment.
• Working knowledge of software design technologies, best practices, etc.
• Working knowledge of applicable hardware platforms.
• Some travel may be required.
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.