Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Under general supervision works independently performing routine general maintenance and repair throughout the warehouse. Must be proficient in the troubleshooting and repair of electrical, plumbing, lift truck, sprinkler systems, and carpentry.
• Performs all repairs and adjustments of doors, dock levelers, freezer doors, sprinkler systems, and electrical work in accordance with OSHA Standards.
• Performs basic maintenance and repairs on roofing systems.
• Performs routine maintenance on office and break room HVAC systems
• Inspects other operating equipment to ensure compliance with OSHA and operational standards
• Test, maintain, and evaluate equipment performance using instruments such as voltmeters, ohmmeters, pyrometers, and pressure gauges
• Maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use tools and equipment carefully as instructed.
• Maintain batteries and chargers in working order in accordance with OSHA Standard.
• Conducts test of safety equipment (Exit signs, fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems, etc.) to ensure OHSA and operational standards.
• Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records
• Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
• Answer security alarm calls as needed.
• Keeps work area clean and performs housekeeping duties as required.
• Able to perform routine maintenance on external equipment and grounds to include snow removal, painting, paving repairs, etc.
• Performs related work and other job assignments as required
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
• 1-year maintenance mechanic experience
• Knowledge of various types of equipment in maintenance trades
• Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP Preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of general warehouse practices
• Strong communication skills
• Mathematical and documentation skills necessary
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as interpret pencil sketches and diagrams
• Must be able to work flexible shifts, if required, including on call
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor
• May be required to tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures of –15 degrees Fahrenheit and outside ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation)
• Must tolerate heights up to 35 ft. and be able to access elevated platforms and catwalks
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs
• Frequently required to stand; walk; push; pull; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; and crouch
• Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to use hand and power tools
• Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, and/or manipulate parts & tools
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Either naturally or with the aid of eye glasses
• Able to work nights and weekends
• Able to pass a physical and respiratory exam
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.