Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Lead the global construction work streams in AmeriCold that consist of new asset builds, additions and renovations, construction estimating, Design/Engineering contracting, entitlements and permitting in order to support the physical development growth strategies
• Oversee all new construction, renovation and capital construction improvement projects across Americold.
• Manage architects, engineers, and other design consultants during design process and through contract administration during construction.
• Approval of site selections for further investigations for company development including but not limited to all site investigations with regard to suitability for proposed construction
• Establish and maintain tools and disciplines of the CPM process at Americold to include CPM software, budgeting GMP reporting to the Board investment committees
• Lead the development of construction budgets and tracking to include: ACRs and pro-formas for projects
• Solicitation and negotiation to contract of all relevant construction contracts including coordination with legal department to ensure proper controls in place to monitor construction progress and compliance with pay requests
• Prepare all board property construction investment documents consistent with commercial investment rules.
• Oversee global governmental/regulatory permitting process for all projects
• Manage procurement bidding process for all projects
• Review and negotiate general contractor pricing, schedules and contracts
• Review contract documents including plans and specifications
• Review applicable submittals, shop drawings, and RFI’s
• Prepare and maintain schedules for projects, as required
• Review general contractor schedule updates
• Review and approve general contractors’ and architect/engineer/consultants’ monthly applications for payment
• Review and approve vendor invoices for all projects
• Serve as main point of contact for lenders during construction phase of projects, including invoice review meetings with lender inspectors and preparation and submission of monthly draws
• Provide bi-weekly executive summary reports of weekly activity and other reports as the need arises
• Assist in the identifying and generating the documentation related to Utility Rebates, Tax Credits, Tax Deductions, and similar programs
• Other duties that may be assigned that relate to real estate development, new construction, and renovation
• Procure Owner/Developer based CPM global software
• Essential Initiatives including Global Construction Project Management Administration, Global Construction Cost Estimating, Contracting and Administration and Lead CPM field team in support of all development project administration
Qualifications & Experience:
• 15+ years of progressive experience within a top-tier fortune 1000 Company servicing as an owner’s rep role, and/or in a Global Commercial Real Estate firm or in a dedicated CPM role within and development based company
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Project Management (Graduate degree preferred) or other equivalent discipline
• Experience with wide variety of construction contracts including Design Build, Guaranteed Maximum Price Contract and Stipulated Sum Contract.
• Strong negotiator of contract terms and conditions with heavy interface with lawyers with the Corporation and 3rd party firms
• Experience in leading a large multi-functional projects with specific experience in International Industrial Construction
• Maintain a current knowledge of applicable codes and ordinances related to construction and sustainability standards;
• Extensive Experience with Owner’s Rep Construction Management Based – collaborative software
• Experience with LEED projects including but not limited to LEED systems known as EB, NC, CS, CI, and ND as well as future guidelines that may be established;
• Relevant licenses – architecture, contractor and/or related professional organization certification such as Certified Construction Manager, American Institute of Architects, UK/AUS Quantity Surveyor Certification or similar certifications.
• Proven experience in entitlement administration both domestically and internationally
• Experience working through and with executive steering committees and or Boards of trustees
• Nurturing executive relationships and steering strategies and initiatives
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent time management, communications, decision-making, organization, human relations, presentation, negotiation, and mediation skills
• Ability to communicate professionally, both written and verbal with individuals at all levels of the organization and with external contacts
• Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate the team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization
• Proficient computer skills including experience in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Proven knowledge of state/federal standards and regulations
• Proficient knowledge of maintenance training management
• Progressive, flexible and team-oriented approach desired
• Possess a proactive approach with strong customer service orientation
• Demonstrates uncompromising level of integrity and code of ethics and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
• Must be able to travel at least 50% of the time
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• Requires frequent travel by automobile and airplane up to 50% of the time
• Requires visiting facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• Frequently carries loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Occasionally works evenings or weekends in order to complete objectives or to attend meetings
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.