Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 165+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Provide Field Human Resource support in the areas of employee relations, labor, recruiting, training, salary administration, HR policy administration, HRIS, payroll, benefits, performance management and organization development.
• Assist management with CBA and/or policy interpretation, as well as provide guidance on HR related procedures and programs
• Facilitate and assist with recruitment, pre-employment and on-boarding processes in accordance with state and federal regulations
• Functions as local HR contact for communication and implementation of corporate initiatives in the field; ensure effective communication of company policies relating to personnel practices and procedures
• Facilitate continuous improvement via evaluation of current processes and procedures
• Advise management as it relates to coaching, counseling and/or performance management; conducts internal investigations as required
• Facilitate and assist management in the development of performance improvement plans and employee development plans
• Facilitate training on company policies, procedures, benefits, and management development
• Work with senior management of client group, outside vendors, and government offices to obtain and provide HR-related information
• Processes changes in HR database system as needed
• Completes special projects as assigned
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a Human Resources professional; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Bachelor degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration; Master’s degree a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of employment laws including, but not limited to the DOL, FLSA, ADA and EEOC
• Broad knowledge of human resource as it relates to benefits, training and development; hiring and recruitment; safety and worker’s compensation; wage administration and compliance
• Working knowledge of HRIS and payroll administrative systems and procedures
• Ability to organize, prioritizes daily work, and maintains strict confidentiality
• Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including formal and legal responses
• Working knowledge of PeopleSoft, MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Working knowledge of CBAs and experience working with labor groups preferred
• Experience in supply chain as it relates to distribution and warehousing preferred.
• Travel required (50%)
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.