Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 165+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Provides administrative support to the EVP for a functional Corporate area. Serve as liaison between customers and functional team to facilitate communications, build relationships, and establish a central point for the function.
• Manages the Executive team’s calendars, schedules appointments, schedule priorities and anticipates and resolves calendar conflicts.
• Screens incoming calls and correspondence and responds to requests independently when possible.
• Organizes all the logistics for programs, events, meetings or conferences by arranging facilities and caterers, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers and controlling event budget.
• Prepares agendas, notices and correspondence for meetings.
• Keeps traveling calendar for function associates and facilitates lower T&E expense for the department.
• Performs confidential and multipart administrative functions including composing and formatting confidential correspondence and reports.
• Responds to routine internal and external correspondence. Creates memos, purchase requisitions, payment requests and other department forms and documents.
• Maintains customer master files, and build relationships with counterparts at customer sites to facilitate appointments.
• Arranges complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings and handles all the logistics required.
• Prepares the Executives weekly expense reports and documentation.
• Refine existing and create and PowerPoint presentations.
• Performs administrative project work that may include researching and gathering information from various sources, formatting, analyzing, and summarizing results.
• Exercises discretion and independent judgment in daily operations and when handling details of a highly confidential and critical nature
• Preforms updates and database reporting as necessary in applicable databases.
• Other related duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• 7-10 years’ professional office experience with a minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting C-level executive(s); or equivalent training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proven ability to work in fast-paced, detailed and deadline-oriented environment by balancing multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Strong planning, organizational, problem solving and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain business relationships with Executive-level decision-makers and internal resources at all levels.
• Demonstrates a collaborative nature and team-oriented approach.
• Strong computer skills with programs such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, calendaring, travel and expense tools, etc. Specifically, strong PowerPoint and Excel skills desired.
• Self-starter who relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Must be self-motivated with high degree of initiative.
• Possess a professional demeanor with the ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate integrity at all times.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.