Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 165+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Support the development of costing and pricing models for warehousing and value added service solution proposals that support company’s revenue growth and profitability improvement. Utilize financial acumen and analytical skills to develop and maintain costing and pricing models for new and existing business. Develop partnerships with other internal functions to develop best-in-class proposals.
• Assist in developing and calculating pricing structures for new and existing customers.
• Work with cross functional teams on understanding customer operations and billing structures while proposing go-forward commercial terms and pricing.
• Assist managers in prepare Investment Memos and high level pricing summaries for management and executive leadership.
• Prepare documentation for pricing review meetings and collaboration among various departments.
• Analyze, create, and adjust customer profitability reports with assistance and guidance from managers.
• Support the development of pricing strategies and partner with business development and other departments to deliver value to our customers and shareholders.
• Assist in the preparation accurate and professional cost estimates, pricing and financial analyses for customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs) packages, sales proposals, and Americold capital investment proposals.
• Engage with other departments (Engineering, IT, FP&A, PMO, Transport, etc) in obtaining detailed cost estimates to develop new business proposals.
• Assist in the maintenance of internal pricing tools and costing models.
• Assist in supporting customer and investment projects that require a solution and financial model/pricing.
• Assist in developing business cases using financial modeling techniques to support client proposals and internal initiatives.
• Prepare simulations and summaries of pricing for internal discussions. Explain pricing and financials to internal pricing managers.
• Provide financial analysis, reporting and decision-making support for key business activities.
• Provide project findings and recommendations with supporting analysis.
• Other duties and ad hoc analysis as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Business or Financial related discipline. MBA and/or certifications a plus.
• 2-4 years in financial analysis, pricing, or a logistics-related role.
• Highly proficient computer skills in Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
• Ability to work independently and take on ownership of projects.
• Experience in financial statement analysis and financial modeling.
• Ability to commercialize and evaluate deals and projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Possess good understanding of supply chain elements, particularly warehousing, associated costs and a transactional pricing environment.
• Proven problem solving skills and ability to think creatively and strategically.
• Proven ability to communicate and present complex data in a persuasive and consultative manner- both written and verbal.
• Inherent strength in project management to meet aggressive deadlines.
• Ability to influence and partner with teams in all areas of the company to ensure implementation and maintenance of the highest standards.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment of positively changing expectations and culture.
• Must be naturally curious in nature and interested in finding the perfect solution to difficult problems
• Must enjoy discussing and/or documenting project scope, approaches and status updates
• Must be business savvy, possess financial acumen and demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Requires proven success at creating persuasive proposals and presentations
• Progressive, flexible and team-oriented approach desired (preferably with willingness to travel occasionally (~10%))
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.