Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 165+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Perform activities necessary for effective and efficient collections processing and maintain a good customer relationship
• Review customer aging and identify past due items for collection purposes using both collection application software and excel spreadsheet aging reports.
• Analyze customer accounts and resolve complex billing disputes, involving the use of spreadsheets and assistance (as required) from operations and Sales.
• Make collection calls and send emails and/or letters to delinquent accounts.
• Prepare documentation for warehouse liens as directed.
• Work with third party collection agencies as directed by management.
• Manage a system of follow-up that assures all delinquent items are resolved according to department goals.
• Contact facilities for back-up documentation as needed.
• Provide necessary documentation to customer to facilitate prompt payments.
• Investigate and resolve overpayments and deductions on customer accounts.
• Prepare management reports regarding customer accounts as needed.
• Continue to encourage customer to release Americold from providing warehouse bills of lading and/or proofs of delivery.
• Encourage all customers to pay within established payment terms.
• Utilize mainframe billing system and coordinate information between the customer and all Americold parties (field locations, etc.).
• File proofs-of-claim and manage Bankruptcy Process.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Associates college degree or equivalent work experience required, bachelor’s degree preferred
• 2 years of collection or accounting experience
• Detailed oriented with good analytical skills
• Transportation experience preferred
• Experience with SAP accounts receivable required
• Experience in relationship based collections preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in reporting tools and with MS Office products – Word and Excel (strong Excel)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong customer service skills (internal and external customers)
• Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact comfortably within all levels of the organization
• High energy, self - starter with the ability to take initiative with minimal guidance
• Quick learner who thrives in a time sensitive compliance reporting environment
• Ability to perform well under pressure and maintain a positive attitude in a high-volume and changing environment
• Demonstrates consistency, flexibility and commitment to meet deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail are essential
• Demonstration of ownership and ability to multi-task in order to balance responsibilities with assigned projects
• Comfortable working both as an individual and on a team
• Very strong organizational and analytical skills
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.