Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Support the tax return compliance, ASC 740 (both domestic and international), and the sales and use tax functions of the company
• Serve as a key member of the tax organization for a billion plus dollar multinational company, which includes a Real Estate Investment Trust (“REIT”) and Taxable REIT Subsidiaries
• Assist in the coordination of all state and federal tax compliance
• Preparation of annual tax return extensions
• Preparation of quarterly federal and state estimated tax payments
• Assist in the preparation of the quarterly and annual income tax provisions, tax footnotes and analysis of effective tax rates, including ASC 740 and FIN 48
• Ensure monthly sales and use tax returns and filed and payments are made timely
• Receive notices from taxing authorities, review issues and prepare responses in a timely manner
• Ensure files and documentation are properly recorded for compliance under SOX 404 regulations
• Prepare tax account analysis and reconciliations and maintain tax records
• Monitor all intercompany account balances and provide for settlement of balances
• Assist the VP of Tax and others in the tax department with ad hoc projects/requests
• Perform other duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required; CPA or on track to become CPA
• A minimum of 2 years of progressive tax experience, preferably within a recognized public accounting firm with recent experience with ASC 740 and FIN 48
• Exposure to international tax preferred
• Corporate / Partnership tax experience for federal, state and local income taxes (experience with REIT and Taxable REIT Subsidiaries is a plus)
• Solid understanding of US GAAP and SOX
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Computer literacy, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Ability to perform well under pressure and maintain a positive attitude in a high-volume and changing environment
• Demonstration of ownership and ability to multi-task in order to balance responsibilities with assigned projects, while ensuring that all deadlines are met
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact comfortably within all levels of the organization
• Self-starter with exceptional ability to identify and solve problems
• Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail are essential
• Very strong organizational and analytical skills
• Progressive, flexible and team-oriented approach desired
• Minimal, if any travel required (~5%)
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• Requires some travel by automobile and airplane up to 25% of the time
• Requires visiting facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Occasionally works evenings or weekends in order to complete objectives or to attend meetings
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.