Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Operates and maintains the inventory of the warehouse. Supervises all inventory related activities.
• Advise associates on care and preservation, handling, storing, maintenance and shipping of product.
• Train associates in equipment operations, safety and general operations.
• Promote a safe work environment through personal actions. Identify and report on any safety concerns.
• Assign and direct work and monitor performance of inventory employees. Schedule tasks to maximize efficiency.
• Utilize the Warehouse Management System to monitor inventory accuracy, inventory discrepancies, and errors. Direct tasks of inventory associates based on the system generated reporting and inventory needs.
• Identify and report on operational errors impacting inventory accuracy. Issue corrective actions as needed.
• Review and monitor inventory errors, including lost inventory, damaged inventory, etc. Ensure SOPs for handling discrepant inventory are followed.
• Conduct regular inventory counts, including quarterly cycle counts, full physical inventories, and customer required counts. Record count results and any discrepancies. Communicate count results to Management and/or the Customer as needed.
• Analyze data and make recommendations on inventory layout and management practices to maximize inventory and maintain inventory at optimal accuracies.
• Review records and comply with established procedures for storing product.
• Communicate with Management on a regular basis of warehouse inventory accuracy and discrepancies
• Communicate with the Customer on an as needed or defined bases of customer inventory accuracy, status, and discrepancies.
• Research and resolve inventory discrepancies including, but not limited to: researching customer claims, cycle count for missing product, adjust inventory quantities, handle damaged inventory, disposing of inventory.
• Recommend the approval or denial of customer claims.
• Maintain and update inventory and inventory discrepancies within the Warehouse Management System. Maintain and update product masterfiles and/or product information.
• Identify problem areas and make recommendations for corrective action.
• Other inventory related duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• College Degree plus 3 to 5 years warehousing experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in Quality Assurance Management or Inventory Control
• Three years supervisory/management skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills
• PC skills, including Microsoft Office, AS400, WMS and RF
• Forklift license, CPR and First Aid training a plus
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.