Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Managing the background checks and drug screens for a high volume internal recruiting function, which includes but is not limited to researching, compiling and processing orders for employment background checks and drug screens; responding to recruiting and candidate inquiries, as well as escalate issues with the vendor and internal client group.
• Monitor all active background checks and drug tests to ensure timely processing
• Maintain constant communication with the recruiters on the status of their candidates
• Troubleshoot and expedite system and/or service issues
• Adjudicate all flagged background checks by reviewing the background check results, reaching out the candidate to understand the circumstances and make a hiring eligibility decision while ensuring adherence to EEOC legislation regarding the requirements to look at individual results against the job duties and responsibilities to determine a pass/fail
• Work directly with candidates having issues with the background check and/or drug test
• Develop, process and maintain detailed reporting of all background check activity
• Manage relationship with our background check and drug screen provider(s); ensuring optimization of service, ensure we are continuing to optimize our service, handle service outages, continue to research and request additional in scope network providers as needed, etc.
Qualifications & Experience:
• College degree or equivalent work experience
• 3 years’ background screening experience, with understanding of public or court records
• 3 years’ customer service experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Technical proficiency and ability to learn and operate a variety of software applications (experience with iCIMS and GIS, preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to follow procedure to complete criminal history, background investigations, employment screening, etc.
• Familiarity with OIG, E-verify, tenant background searches, identity verification, driving record check, license verification, credit report check, etc
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills and sound judgment
• Exceptional written and verbal skills
• Ability effectively reason, negotiate, instruct, persuade, and/or influence others
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and build relationships built on trust
• Working knowledge of HR processes, policies and government regulations
• Proven ability to be flexible and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to solve complex problems
• Must have a very strong customer service orientation with a high sense of urgency in meeting objectives and deadlines
• Technical proficiency and ability to learn and operate a variety of software applications
• Accurate data entry skills
• Creative problem solving
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane for business
• May require visits to warehouse operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May require carrying loads related to travel and the occasional lifting, carrying, positioning, and/or moving of objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.