Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Provide engineering, project management and analytical support to the Design Engineering department and other support responsibilities as requested. Essentially support the design and implementation of new processes, facilities, and retrofits.
• Customized logistics solutions and layouts for Americold’s customers
• Sales initiatives involving the analysis of customer requirements, in conjunction with other departments, to create proposals for new business
• Detailed analysis of customer product profiles to determine warehousing requirements, including resource modeling, layout planning, material flow planning and equipment definition
• Internal initiatives involving the compilation of databases that keep in-house facility information at the disposal of the engineering department so it can serve as ‘subject matter experts’ for the company
• Management of solution design process, leading discussions on pick faces, reserve pallet storage, dock doors, expansion square footage, yard changes, rack changes, etc.
• Develop new facility designs to scale by drawing in AutoCAD – both warehouse and site plans – to support new business proposals
• Deliver discrete event simulation models (in FlexSim) to accurately predict capacity constraints, functionality, and aesthetically accurate representations of proposed designs
• Modify existing facility layouts in AutoCAD to represent alterations for a customer’s requirement (re-racking, temperature changes, additional dock doors, etc.)
• Create spreadsheets, layouts and documentation to explain how a proposed solution meets the long term needs of our customer
• Price estimate conceptual layouts and provide options that provide labor savings opportunities
• Work with 50+ sites to organize, catalog and electronically store drawings/layouts of facilities, sites, and refrigeration diagrams when we do not have documentation.
• Compile drawings for existing sites (150+) that do not have good quality layouts. Visit site if necessary to measure and layout as-built
• Develop presentation-ready layouts and plot drawings for corporate staff, marketing, event functions and sales efforts
• Research and understand options in racking layout design and material handling equipment to match designs to business requirements
• Learn about facility design and implementation; visit sites, understand processes; match operational needs to design solutions
• Support project management of solution implementation in the US, Australia or China as needed
Qualifications & Experience:
• Degree in Industrial and/or Systems, Mechanical, Civil Engineering or similar
• 1 to 3 years of project-related design work; completed internship preferred
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD software
• Advanced knowledge and capabilities with Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, VBA & SQL
• Excellent technical skills including a strong command of Word, Access, PowerPoint and Visio
• General understanding of facility layout and design (coursework/project examples)
• Preferred experience with commercial simulation packages (FlexSim strongly preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proven ability to take initiative and meet deadlines
• Ability to articulate why a proposed design is recommended and how it meets requirements
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact comfortably with senior level business contacts.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work flexible hours based on business needs.
• Must be able to commute to our corporate office, our field management, and warehouse associates
• Requires up to 20%-30% travel, with some international travel possibly required.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.