Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Coordinate safety training, programs and procedures. Assure compliance for all safety training and procedures. Coordinate and monitor RF program and procedures.
• Conduct new hire orientation
• Coordinate forklift training for new hires, transfers, and refreshers and annual trainings.
• Administer safety and loss control policies and procedures to minimize the number and severity of accidents and injuries.
• Follow-up on accident investigations.
• Identify safety concerns. Recommend measures to reduce accidents and hazards.
• Ensure compliance with all company policies, as well as all Federal, State, and OSHA regulations.
• Conduct pre-shift safety meetings and attend start up meetings in facilities.
• Provide a safe work environment through personal actions. Develop and monitor facility safety program.
• Attend and support safety committee meetings.
• Conduct safety audits of breezeways and common areas.
• Assist in the installation and implementation of RF Scanning.
• Assist with training
• RF Scanning troubleshooting and problem resolution.
• Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• 3 plus years warehousing/logistics experience preferred.
• Associates Degree or equivalent additional experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experienced with AS/400 and Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, and E-Mail (Lotus Notes).
• Familiar with WMS and RF.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Multi-task oriented, to cover numerous activities within assigned region
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; hear or talk: use close vision; use hands to grasp, handle or feel objects; and type and manipulate controls. Employee is occasionally required to use distance vision, stand, kneel or crouch and lift up to 10 lbs.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.